In view of the heat alert, drinking water will be distributed at several locations in the city centre of Debrecen on Tuesday, 11th and Wednesday, 12th July 2023. Two locations will be open for the distribution of drinking water today, Tuesday, and four locations on Wednesday, in view of the increasing heat.
Due to the rising temperatures in the previous weeks, taps have already been opened at several locations in and around the main square – Kossuth Square, near the Buda Church and Dósa Nádor Square.
As in previous years, the city government is distributing drinking water at several points in the city centre with the cooperation of the Debrecen Charity Association.
On Tuesday between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- on Kossuth Square, by the fountain (Piac street 16.),
- on Kossuth Square, at the statue of Lőrinc Szabó,
on Wednesday also between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- on Kossuth Square, at the fountain (Piac Street 16.),
- on Kossuth Square, at the Szabó Lőrinc statue,
- at the intersection of Csapó Street and Dósa nádor Square,
- in the area between the Fórum Debrecen shopping centre (30 Csapó Street) and the DSZC Chemical Engineering Centre
It is important that no one leaves home without a drink. Not only children and elderly people but also pets should be looked after, so dogs and cats should be provided with sufficient and cool drinking water.
In view of the heatwave, the green spaces department of the Debrecen mayor’s office is taking extra care to water public plants at dawn or late at night. It also pays special attention to the proper operation of automatic irrigation systems.
Debrecen is a caring city, and the municipality has organised the distribution of drinking water and installed water taps to make residents feel more comfortable in the heat.
Source: debrecen.hu | Photo credit: Pixabay